For those of you, who are die-hard romantics...with an eye for art and aesthetics...and admire all the colourful things in life...dynamism of design, flowers, books, clothes etc....

Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's a NOIR Spring!


I am one of those fashion devotees who believe in playing it by the rules. So of late when I was admiring the spring collection on the Internet, I had my judgmental rulebook taking down all the notes at the back of my mind. Spring to me springs up visuals of florals, pastels, breezy clothes and easy silhouettes. However, many fashion lovers like me were in for a major sensory assault when I saw a recurring frisson of tuxedo clad beauties scorching the runways day after day. I have always believe that a tuxedo is the most elegant piece of clothing for both men and women. But seeing it in a spring collection was a tad off kilter but then I wasn't complaining. Out of New York, Milan, London and Paris, I was blown away by the creativity at London and Milan. Paris really disappointed me big time or perhaps I didn't get many designers. Saint Laurent: Loved the over-sized hats, jackets and gowns pleasantly peeking out of capes with tassel detailing. Enfant Terrible Hedi Slimane clearly out-tuxed them all! Ricardo Tisci: Givenchy's ultra-feminine dresses with ruffled edges floated on the runway like a pleasant breeze. Lanvin: Alber Elbaz takes the dominatrix route. Loved their one-shoulder poufy ruffled concoctions! Alberta Ferretti: Barely there leafy bustier met the sheer skirt. The Milan's queen of chiffon's new outing was dreamy, ethereal and edgy at the same time! Gucci: Voluminous, ruffled, poufy sleeves in fuscia pink and turquoise blue were simply breathtaking. Isabel Marant: Loved the pretty kaftans, jackets, separates and kurtis! Dsquared2: Always find it edgy and wearable at the same time. My favourite look was the red jackets with black three fourth leggings accessorised with a hat. Zac Posen: Loved the jewel-toned dresses, softly draped and structured, whirls of tulle...and hair with mid-parting...Zac Posen channelled old world charm! Versace: Nipple baring, slashed at the thighs, S & M oozing, va va voom outing by Donatella Versace! Lace and leather seem to be close bedfellows at Milan! Christian Dior: A bundle of contradictions. Rising hemlines and granny skirts which end way below the knees. Loved the pastel and sequinned eye make-up!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I enjoy writing on fashion and luxury :)